Mikki and Siamese Fighting Fish
People fascinate me, and a painting or drawing without a person in it somehow feels incomplete and not so interesting to me. Over time, my figure paintings developed into portraits. In my early thirties, I first started painting family and friends, and more recently have specialised in children’s portraits. Now I am getting requests for memorial portraits as well.
Portraiture is my forte and passion and involves much more than just capturing a likeness. I try to capture the spirit of a person as well. My work has a high emotional value, and it’s very fulfilling to know my portraits will be treasured and part of a family for years to come. Each commission is one of a kind, and I enjoy the unique challenges each offers. I love the process of first communicating with clients and working with them to create a memorable portrait.
It’s easy to commission a portrait.
- Simply email or post your favourite photos, and I will let you know if they are suitable. Both black and white and coloured photos are okay
- I can combine different photos to create a unique double or group portrait
- I can also create fantasy or theme-based backgrounds
- Portraits usually take 3 to 4 weeks to complete, but if you have a deadline, I can aim to meet this
- My standard size is 61cm x 51cm on a good, stretched canvas
- All enquiries are welcome
All work is licensed under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International